Search This Blog

Tuesday, 12 March 2019

My experience on Waipara camp 2019

Motivation:
Camp Experiences


Learning Objectives:
Level 3
  • Show a developing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
  • Select, form, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use language features appropriately, showing a developing understanding of their effects.
  • Organise texts, using a range of appropriate structures.


Level 4
  • Show an increasing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
  • Select, develop, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use a range of language features appropriately, showing an increasing understanding of their effects.
  • Organise texts. Using a range of appropriate structures.


Learning goals:

  • To hook the reader in with an interesting beginning
  • A variety of sentence starters
  • A variety of sentence lengths
  • Edit and rework
  • Effective peer checking and feedback

Day 1- Kia Ora Mum, Dad, Brooke, Millie and Flame.we just got back from freezing to death. The river walk was teeth chattering cold and all my friends we rolling in the water and I don't know how. meanwhile while they were getting wet I was in charge of holding 3 bags at once. We're about to go eat some afternoon tea and then we're going to do some activities around camp.

We just finished activities. We did on the ropes, a team exercise where you have to catch people when they're about to fall o-ff the bridge or tight rope. After on the ropes we did orienteering around the campsite. Talula and I didn't find much so we paired up with Tegan and Maddison to have double the help to find more answers, we ended up finding about 6 out of 12 so not bad. Then, we moved on to a scavenger hunt and we didn't know what half the things on the list were, or where to find them. A short while later we found a JB-Hi Fi bag in the old wooden playground with a plastic fruit bag inside it so we used the fruit one as we had to find a plastic bag on the list. the last activity we did was team skis. We came first and got in front of the boys. Then we went back up to camp and ate dinner. After dinner we did a blind walk. It was scary because we did it in the dark with blindfolds on!

Day 2- Today I woke up to the sound of Amber and Aaliyah talking non-stop. I quickly got ready and waited for the call to go to breakfast. I ate 2 pieces of toast and soon enough found myself found myself hanging in the sky. My teeth were chattering as I couldn't breathe and just wanted to drop. I looked down and soon realised I made the worst mistake of my life! I heard the rope snap off my harness. I dropped. my heart sank. I was swinging on the giant swing listening to the cheering below me. our next activity was raft building. I helped build the raft but I couldn't actually test it because of my operation.But the girls overtook the boys and won the race! Next was kayaking. I couldn't participate in that either. Soon we had afternoon tea. I was still full from pizza so I didn't eat much. After we ate we had the best activity on camp. FLYING KIWI! I went first and loved it. I also did a swinging action and it felt very similar to the giant swing. We did the confidence course after flying kiwi and went for a swim afterwards. I had a small dip but it was FREEZING!!! We then went back to camp and ate dinner. For dinner we had homemade fish & chips. It was delicious!!!

Day 3- My heart is racing as i face my biggest fear. Heights. I climb 3-4 branches and i want to go back down. so I dragged my team down with me. Later on we did a solo if we wanted to. I got halfway up and then abseiled down the tree. The water slide was next but it was freezing cold so I just went on the flying fox and then went to go watch my friends scream their heads off on the giant swing and flying kiwi. We had burgers for lunch today and I can't wait to come home and sleep in my own bed!



Reflection- I think I did well with my writing. I really liked how I kept my reader hooked in the giant swing part but that was the only part and next time I want it to be every activity/part of the story.




1 comment:

  1. Loretta, great work with including detail and supporting your main ideas with supporting information. It is clear you had a competitive group and you were out to the beat the boys. It is important to remember when publishing to have all punctuation correct.

    ReplyDelete