Search This Blog

Sunday, 11 November 2018

Athletics Reflection Term 4



Athletics  Reflection

1. How did your athletics practices go? (At least 3 events)
My practices went really well, I felt like my best practice event was high jump because I jumped the extra jump that was optional and cleared it but my only problem was I wasn't as close to the bar as I should've been. My next best practice event was probably long jump because I felt like my 'C' shape position was spot on and I got quite far in the pit and was really pleased with myself. I was also pleased with my discus because I learnt that your index finger needs to be in the center of the discus and you shouldn't grip onto it, so if you turn it face down it should just fall onto the ground. 


2.  In what event did you most improve your technique? How?
My most improved event was discus because in the practice I got it about 30cm but in the real thing I got about 1 meter. I tried to bend my legs heaps to get the power and momentum. I also had strong arms and made sure I was at the front of the circle but also making sure I wasn't stepping over the line. I was catching the discus every swing making sure it didn't fall onto the ground. My technique was: bend the back leg, catch the discus, and then throw the discus super hard to get the biggest throw.

3. What value did you show on Friday at Athletics most? How?
I showed connect by cheering everyone on even people in other groups. I shouted "GO JONTY!" In shot put
when he had a massive throw and got like 1 meter with the heavy metal ball. I also kept on shouting at Shiloh to
tell her to keep going in high jump and gave her tips after every jump and that gave her enough confidence to
qualify for zones. I was supporting all of the year 6 girls in all of their events (especially my friends) and gave
them some support and tips if they didn't quite like their performance.

4. Who else did you notice showing one of our school values (they could be from another class or syndicate)?
How?
Dayna showed brave because when she was doing high jump a girl told her that she hopes that Dayna won't
qualify. She kept trying and made it higher than me with the thought of not qualifying in her head. Although she
didn't make it to zones she tried her hardest in all the other events and ended up qualifying for zones in
long distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment