E-PORTFOLIO - Writing Term One - Camp Timeline
ACHIEVEMENT OBJECTIVES:
LEVEL 2
- I can write simple sentences correctly that make sense
- I can use different sentence starters
- I can edit my writing so that it makes sense
LEVEL 3
- I can use simple and compound sentences that are grammatically correct
- I can use a variety of sentence beginnings
- I can select words that are appropriate to my topic and purpose
LEVEL 4
- I can use a variety of sentence beginnings, types and lengths for effect - simple, compound, complex
- I can use language that is appropriate to audience and purpose - expressive and specific
Go through your writing and highlight examples of the following sentences.
2x Simple sentences - YELLOW
2x Compound sentences - PINK - NOT AORAKI
Once we had finished lunch we split into two groups. One group went horse riding while the other group played a game called animal survival. My group started with the horse riding activities. We then split again so it wasn't a mad rush to go riding. The people I was with started on talking about dairy cows. Once we finished talking we met Evie the cow the lady who told us all about cows showed us how to milk one. She got Evies utter and started to firmly push the milk out. Some people were lucky enough to milk her themselves! When we finished with Evie we fed the cute farm animals like the donkeys, the little pony, the goats and the sheep. When we finished it was our turn to go riding. I went on the second tallest horse that could be ridden. As soon as I got off I went on the tractor that had just come back from the previous ride. We went round and saw the people playing animal survival waving to us as we went by. When we finished we walked down to animal survival and sorted out teams I was a large herbivore so I only only had to hide from the wild dogs (Shiloh and Milan,) Bush fire (Dad,) hunter (Mr. J.) and rabies (Kirsten.) Aaliyah and I hid together and we survived. After playing animal survival we had a big challenge ahead of us... THE HILL CLIMB!!! We got back together and climbed the horrific hill. Isla wanted to give up but I told her to look how far we've come and she shouldn't give up. When we got to the end I told Isla that she should be proud of herself for giving is a go, and she was. When we got to camp we put our things in our bunks and went to dinner. We had butter chicken and garlic pita bread, it was delicious. After dinner we walked back to our bunk, set up our beds and went to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment