Term 2 Taku Akomanga
Share your Term Two classroom whakatauki (both in English and Maori)
Titiro whakamuri
Kokiri whakamua
Look back and
reflect
So you can move
forward
Reflect on the new vocabulary you have learnt so far.
I now know the following words/things… (add as many as you can)
1. Classroom = Akomanga
1. Classroom = Akomanga
2. kutikuti = Scissors
3. tataitai = calculator
4. haere mai = come here
5. rorohiko = computor
6. peni rako = pencil
7. peni = pen
8. kaiako = teacher
9. karaka = clock
10. e-noho = sit down
11. e-tu = stand up
12. ruri = ruler
13. peita = paint
14. tepu = table
15. papama = whiteboard
16. turu = chair
17. pepa = paper
18. kura tuarua = school
19. whakatauki = whakatauki
20. hangarewa = artwork
21. pukapuka = book
22. Ika = fish
23. ipupara = rubbish bin
24. muku = duster
25. rahiri = welcome
7. peni = pen
8. kaiako = teacher
9. karaka = clock
10. e-noho = sit down
11. e-tu = stand up
12. ruri = ruler
13. peita = paint
14. tepu = table
15. papama = whiteboard
16. turu = chair
17. pepa = paper
18. kura tuarua = school
19. whakatauki = whakatauki
20. hangarewa = artwork
21. pukapuka = book
22. Ika = fish
23. ipupara = rubbish bin
24. muku = duster
25. rahiri = welcome
I have been brave during this unit when I have tried learning new maori words and failed a
couple of times when I couldn't pronounce them right e.g. rorohiko I pronounced it like ruruhighko.
I now know that whenever I don't know how to pronounce a word I can ask for help or look it up
in maori dictionary.
couple of times when I couldn't pronounce them right e.g. rorohiko I pronounced it like ruruhighko.
I now know that whenever I don't know how to pronounce a word I can ask for help or look it up
in maori dictionary.
Well done for learning our Pūtere whakatauki. You know a wide variety of maori language to describe classroom objects. Great list, Loretta!
ReplyDelete