Search This Blog

Tuesday, 3 July 2018

E-Portfolio Strand Maths Probability Term 2 2018


Probability Unit


Learning Outcomes
Level 2
Probability
  • Investigate simple situations that involve elements of chance, recognising equal and different likelihoods and acknowledging uncertainty.
Level 3
Probability
  • Investigate simple situations that involve elements of chance by comparing experimental results with expectations from models of all the outcomes, acknowledging that samples vary.
Level 4
Probability
  • Investigate situations that involve elements of chance by comparing experimental distributions with expectations from models of the possible outcomes.
  • Use simple fractions and percentages to describe probabilities.
1) Describe in your own words what these words mean.

Probability - I think probability means a problem to solve or a chance of an event happening.

Impossible - I think impossible means there is no way something can happen e.g. if I asked Robert at Mairehau to ride Pepper it would never happen because she is dead.
Unlikely - I think unlikely means that it could possibly happen but there isn't a big chance e.g. if I asked one of the workers at Mairehau if I could ride Bugs there isn't a big chance of getting him because he is really popular.
Even chance - I think even chance means that there is a 50 50 possibility of you getting something or having something. e.g. there is 4 bottles of coke, 2 of them are diet coke and the other 2 are raspberry I have a 50% chance of getting diet and the other 50% is getting raspberry flavored coke.
Likely - I think likely means there is a higher chance of something happening e.g. it is a really good chance for me to get Sunshine because he is a really experienced horse that barley anyone can ride.
Certain - I think certain means you are defiantly getting something you want e.g. I am defiantly getting another riding lesson at Mairehau soon.

1 comment:

  1. It was good to see you using the language of maths to describe statistical outcomes. You are able to describe different likelihoods with a clear understanding.

    ReplyDelete